Lactose intolerance, how to deal with lactose intolerance?
Lactose, uh! Doc said you are lactose intolerant, awww! what? lactose? what is this? chocolate name? he said, hey are you joking!
it is not chocolate it is different, you just keep in mind, Don’t drink milk ok? otherwise get ready for loose motion and diarrhea, aww! really! but why me?
I asked with a sad voice, he said I don’t know why you but you are not only, many are here on this planet.
so just listen, avoid lactose as much as possible, ok I will remember, I said unhappily, and he was 100% right.
when I tried the dairy product and especially when It was Milk it was so painful, after drinking milk nights were like Hell.
what is this la…….ctose? why is it so painful? and what is an option if I can’t enjoy a dairy product and especially milk, let us take a look.
What is Lactose? and why it is hard to digest? Lactose is Disaccharide Sugar composed of galactose and glucose found in milk you will get this on the wiki.
but actually what is it?.
It is one type of carbohydrate When it digested it breaks into two sugar molecules and it is then absorbed through the small intestine.
According to Ayurveda, the inability to digest milk is a sign of poor digestion.
it means you are not able to produce enough hydrochloric acid to break down casein proteins.
so remember if you can’t digest milk then all is not well with your digestion.
What is the solution according to Ayurveda and other treatment methods?
- Stop the intake of dairy products for some time so that your digestion and metabolism boosted.
- warm milk is better than cold milk so try warm milk in little amount then see how your stomach reacts.
- Kapha (Water/earth)constitutions must avoid dairy products as it is poison for them or take very little amount.
- Milk mixed with equal quantities of water and boiled along with spices which promote digestion.
- spices like ginger, cloves, cardamom etc are the spices which promote digestion. Mix it with milk and consume them warm.
- Try goat milk instead of cow or buffalo’s milk it is easy to absorb and digest as it has lower concentrations of lactose.
- Aegle marmelo (Bael) is an excellent herb to treat lactose intolerance.
Bael has an excellent property of stimulating digestive fire and improves the intestine ability to break down and digest lactose.
- Yogurt is very helpful to treat any problems related to digestion and improves the health of the stomach.
- Peppermint tea helps in better digestion and thus it helps in treating the problem of lactose intolerance.
- probiotic drinks increase good bacteria and hence improve the health of the digestive system.
- Saffron one of the best home remedies for lactose intolerance.
saffron coats the membrane of the stomach, small intestine.
it also helps to get rid of gas formation in the intestine and gives relief from the pain in the stomach due to gas formation. It is also a symptom of lactose intolerance.
what are the symptoms of lactose intolerance?
- Nausea and vomiting
- Abdominal cramps
- rumbling or gurgling sounds in the stomach.
we discussed symptoms and possible solutions but the important thing is to be aware of your digestion system and stomach.
just see how your stomach reacts after each consumption whatever you eat observe carefully how your stomach reacts, it help you to decide your good food and your bad food.
Soy Milk, Almond Milk, Coconut Milk, Rice Milk, Hemp Milk and many other alternatives are available so don’t worry. you can manage it.
The information provided in this post including all types of graphics and media and other material is for information purpose only. The purpose of this post is to help the reader for various health topics. It is not intended to be substitute for professional medical advice or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other expert with any query you have regarding medical condition or treatment and never neglect or disregard professional or medical advice or delay because of something you have read in this post. Remedies you try from this post is strictly at your own risk.